Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Vegas or Bust!

So it is almost 11:00 and and I had said that I was going to bed about an hour ago, but of course I got stuck on the internet cruising through birthday invitations for Jillian and then decided to blow of some steam that has been brewing up in my mind! CJ and I are going to Vegas next weekend for a wedding that CJ has been asked to be in. We couldnt pass up this opportunity for a "Destination Wedding" to one of our favorite locales, so when we were asked we said "yes". Here is the catch- Jillian is almost a year old and I have never left her, even overnight. Sure, I leave during the day to go to work and sometimes we go out on the weekends, but I have not actually left her the whole night let alone a whole 2 days! I really want to go on this trip (and I am sure need to) but every time I think about not being with her or seeing her for 2 days I just getting all teary! I know that I am not "mother of the year" but I am just not sure how this is all going to go! I will just have to trust in God that He will take care of my little baby and that he will also help to ease my stress (and guilt) about the situation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Johanna,

I know it is very difficult to not feel guilty about leaving Jillie, but every Mom needs a vacation and this is the perfect time to take one. Don't consume your vacation with feelings of guilt or impending doom. Everything is going to be fine. We will have a blast and Jillie will love the time she spends with your Mom and her Memaw. It is hard because you will most definitely miss her, but the feeling you get when you come back home is so awesome. Junior and I were talking about it the other day after we got back from Corpus Christi. We said that we were never able to understand what people meant when they would say, "I just can't imagine what life would be like without my kid?" When we got back home and saw Laney, we knew that life without her really is unimaginable. It was a really great feeling to have as a parent. It gave me a new outlook on being a parent and realizing the unexplainable amount of love I have for her. You too will experience that feeling when you come home from Vegas. We will have a great time and everthing will be ok.

Tiff