Friday, April 3, 2009

Sooner or Later....

Well, I guess sooner or later it was going to happen! Jillian has gone through one of the rites of passage as a child...she has eaten dirt! The story behind the "incident" is this: ever since Jillian went to play with her friend Abby, who has a Sand and Water table (thanks a lot E), C.J and I have been wanting to get her one because she had so much fun with it and we know she LOVES water. So, we decided to get her one for Easter (although she got it a little early...today). After dinner tonight we all went outside and while C.J watered, Jillian and I played with our new toy! She was doing great, playing with all of the shovels and rakes in the sand and then she decided to move to the water side...Oh why, oh why did I let C.J go ahead and put water in it? Of course she was splashing around and playing with the boats, just like she does in the bath, but then she put her fingers back in the sand...and decided to lick them! I am not sure what possessed her to do this, but once she did there was no turning back! I know that instead of laughing and taking pictures I should have been trying to prevent the whole thing, but hey! You have to learn sometime, right? Of course it isn't like toxic sand or anything, so she is perfectly fine, and I got some great pics out of it all! Plus, she had a great time.

Going in for the kill!



Hmm? That is interesting. A little gritty, but good.



I just can't seem to get this taste out of my mouth!



See Mom! It's not so bad!

2 comments:

Erin said...

i'm so glad that we can be such a good influence on you. :)

Amber said...

i need to organize my pantry. and my closet... thats a whole other story!1